Monday, February 26, 2007

人人的生日派對 Lunar 7th day birthday dinner

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to all my dear friends, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU and many more!

Tortilla soup, very thick and yummy!


Babe Dearest's request of cheesy grilled fish, served with mashed potatoes



Burrito before




Burrito by the foot, tata!





Authentic salsa airflown from Mexico, served with nachos




Fideo, Babe Dearest and Bryan's favorite, really yummy and I added some cheese inside too, nice touch



must follow some Chinese tradition for CNY, and the must have is "tong yuen"...black sesame seed paste flavor, my favorite


星期六是人日,同各位說聲生日快樂!生日最開心是有得慶祝,食食食啊!
新年日日食中餐,我的生日當然任我搞,咁我就煮我的至愛—墨西哥餐吧! 太好了,簡直不要臉的自己讚自己,不要誤會,我真的很少這樣的自誇,可能老了一年變成這樣,哈哈哈哈。。。你們自己來評評吧!
Saturday was Lunar 7th day, which is everybody's birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!
Of course the highlight of any birthday is the BIRTHDAY PARTY...yeah... Since it was MY birthday, I got to choose which type of food I served at the party...heee...not forgetting I WAS the one who was going to cook it, hoot hoot. So, after all the CNY Chinese food that I had to eat all these days, I decided on having one of my favorites - MEXICAN FOOD... yeah...
It was JUST fantastically great, yummiliciously yummy.... Mrs Leung of Trial & Error introduced the Tortilla soup to me, and it was just superb. I bought some from LA on my last trip and it was easy and nice. I also tried out one fish dish that my princess saw on the newspaper, basically it was grilled fish fillet topped with tons of cheese, she loved it and so did everyone else. Burritos by the foot was a copycat version from a Mexican restaurant in LA; served with my own homemade salsa & nachos too. I actually have 3 bottles of REAL salsa from Mexican, brought back by my girlfriend who went there for a vacation and of course KNEW I LUV salsa... it was very salty and a bit of disappointment; nevertheless, first time I get authentic salsa hailed from Mexico..heee... thanks Oabre for your thoughtfulness!
Bon Appetit, everyone and once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU YOU YOU!

8 comments:

  1. I like the grilled fish with cheese on top, yummy....... I remembered we could find ready to eat burrito in Canada / USA everywhere, but in HK, none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angfoo

    yeah, I just LUV burritos and tacos from young; used to eat a burrito a day during high school xp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 人人都生日更要大事慶祝一番...
    YEAH!!
    (btw..星期六艾只係食左一餐又貴又難食既越南野做dinner...)
    不過有得同wai佬二人世界去睇戲戲..開心呢...^0^

    ReplyDelete
  4. waiwai

    好多時是醉翁之意不在酒,二人世界食魚旦都開心啦!

    ReplyDelete
  5. elaine

    多謝! 我都好滿意這一餐!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 挖 好棒喔 真是羨慕
    不過 我不大會做墨西哥菜耶
    口味很難做,特別是醬汁...

    Sophie真是有恩賜
    特別在座食物方面耶

    ReplyDelete
  7. 塔塔

    墨西哥菜不很難做, the important flavor is CUMMIN, that is IT! xp

    ReplyDelete