Sunday, July 09, 2006

What a yummy "SELFISH" dinner ... 吓走访客添,嘻嘻

Oops, I meant "SHELLFISH" dinner, Cindy & I whipped up a mostly seafood spread for the Birthday girl Liz knowing it is her favorite food. The birthday dinner was very cosy and enjoyable with only 15 close friends n family, but I think the menu might be a bit overwhelming for any non seafood lover.

Menu: Chilli Crab a la Cindy served with buns, Sambal Cockles de Cindy, Cereal Prawns, Bean Paste ZhuZhu clams, Mixed Vegetables pot, Cindy's famous chicken wings, Stirfried baby bokchoy, C Tom Yum Vermicelli, Mee Goreng, Almond Jelly n Sugar cane drinks to douse the fire in the tummy.




The day before, Liz requested for Mee Goreng and LOTS of chillis too; HMMM.... mee goreng, never done it in my life because it is a Malay fried noodle, I normally just eat it outside. But since Guest of Honour asks for it, guess I will just have to make it just for her. Chilli is the tricky part, children can't take spicy food and we already have Tom Yum Bee Hoon, guess just have to make do with lots of red big chilli that are not hot then. According to feedback, it was very good and definitely a surprise to me as I was just clueless and cooked it according to my memory of how the dish tasted like.



This is for Liz to take home, two mini cakes for her actual birthday next week!!!

What a nice evening, and I hope Liz and the rest of the guests enjoyed themselves as much as I did.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!

10 comments:

  1. 成日有好味小菜東東食... >.< 我都要食呀~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a copy cat. You got the idea of minature cake from us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of mini cakes are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 咕嚕

    你来探我,我煮俾你食!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alice

    Hey, the art of copying is the value add it and make something out of nothing at all ;D !

    I used Japanese Cheesecake as base, and the remnant mango mousse; chilled in YOUR mini chiffon molds!

    Brilliant, n'est pas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paul and Postira for visiting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you did good "copying". Master-piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice

    Merci beaucoup! Now have to think of a nice Truffle cake and deliver by tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete