Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July dinner

USA is made up of a smorgasbord of different cultural backgrounds; to commemorate the diversity of tradition and history, served up an international meal to mark the occasion of her Independence Day.
慶祝美國多種族社會的獨立.

Menu: Nachos w Salsa; Pepperoni & Cheesy Mushroom Pizza, Spanish Rice Pilaff with honey roasted chicken and Honey Baked Ribs.


西班牙炒反﹐我很喜歡吃的一道食品﹐今次用雞柳配. My comfort food, Spanish Rice, easy to make and very tasty too.

Adaw 要的食镨:

Spanish Rice

Ingredients:
2 cups brown rice 糙米2杯
1 onion, diced 洋蒽1个,切粒
1 can mushroom, sliced 磨菇1獾,切片
1 green and red bell peppers, diced 红青登龙椒各一,切粒
5 tomato, diced 蕃茄5个,切粒
2 cups roast chicken chunks 鸡肉2杯
4 cups chicken stock (maybe less, check doneness of rice)鸡汤4杯
4 tbsp tomato paste 蕃茄膏4汤匙
2 tsp cummin 茴香粉2茶匙
1 tsp garlic powder, black pepper, mixed herb, paprika 蒜粉,黑胡椒,香料粉,辣椒粉各1茶匙
2 bayleaves x叶2片

Method:
1.Use 2 tbsp of butter, fry the rice for about 3 minutes, add in onion , mushroom and tomato.
1. 用牛油吵米3分钟,加所有的菜除红青登龙椒
2.Fry for about 2 minutes, add the spices and tomato paste
2.吵2分钟,加香料及蕃茄膏
3.Add in 3.5 cups of chicken stock first, boil then turn down fire to low.
3. 加3.5杯鸡汤,煮滚后改细火
4.Cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
4.盖好煮十分钟
5.Check for doneness of rice, if not done or too dry, add in rest of chicken stock, take away the bayleaves after 5 minutes.
5. 试米熟末,如太干,加鸡汤.
6.When almost cooked, put in roast chicken chunks n diced bell peppers, and adjust seasoning to taste.
6. 要全熟前,加鸡肉和 红青登龙椒

** The texture of the rice should be a bit chewy and the taste ought to be a bit spicy n fragrant.***You can substitute chicken with any other meat or even seafood if you wish. ****This is my modified version of Spanish Rice, very easy n fast to make


用Mabel的芝心pizza食譜做的﹐老公都讚好。 謝謝Mabel﹗
Nicky & Britney love to eat pizzas, and recently they fell in love with Pepperoni & Cheese pan pizza. Used another recipe last week, but a bit of disappointment because its crust was not as thick as I wanted. Upon Blue Rain's recommendation, I tried Mabel's recipe; what a treasure.... !
很棒哦~~

9 comments:

  1. 講到個 pizza 咁正!
    等我下次整 pizza 都用呢個食譜先~~ :p

    你有冇整 芝心 呢?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put shredded mozarella cheese at the edge and rolled them in, make the edge looks so good. I think I should put some butter or olive oil on the edge so it browns nicer. But I just don't like too much oil in any of my food =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Fourth of July dinner! Thankyou for visiting my blog. I have been admiring your photo album for awhile, it is nice meeting you, come visit my blog often ar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Mrs Leung to my humble blog, all your dishes and bread are SO NICE, have been admiring your blog for SO LONG.

    I hope you don't mind my putting your link to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. pizza真係好好ah, yummy~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind at all, I will be adding your's onto my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tendy

    意想不到是我老公都叫好哪﹗ 在晒命中﹐嘻

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs Leung

    Hohoho, how nice! I find it a bit difficult to buy certain ingredients in the States. My sis lives in LA, not so bad, but my parents in Seattle, hmmm... everything also need to get from Vancouver )=

    ReplyDelete